Thursday, May 02, 2013

Guess I'm back to blogging?

Wow, last entry was like in 2006. Fast forward.... it's now 2013. After a 7 years hiatus... I guess I'm back. I don't know why but just felt like blogging.

Anyway, was reading my last entry and cracked myself up. Last entry was the day I entered National service. To be honest I don't really remember much bout that day until I read that post. Ha ha... Oh man the lengths I go to impress a girl. Tried to replicate the scene from "Love Actually". I still remember I was really nervous kept wanting to knock on her dorm door but my hand would just stopped short of it, then I would just sit at the staircase and calm myself down before attempting to knock again. Those were the days. But come to think of it, I'm still in contact with this girl, well on Facebook that is. Hmm should I try to re kindle the old flame? Nah, she probably doesn't remember that day even.

Viper Platoon 2 Field Camp
Let's get up to speed shall we. NS life was OK, not what I expected. Was posted to Viper Company. Platoon 2, Section 2, Bed 5. My "wife's" butt number was 88. After BMT, was posted to become a Transport Supervisor at Sembawang Camp. To be truthful I was disappointed. I was at least expecting to be sent to SISPEC if not OCS. I guess I couldn't fulfill both our dreams Dad, Mianhe. Now let's pressure my son then to enter OCS.... *evil laughter*. Nah just kidding. Doesn't matter where he ends up as long as he does his best. OK FUTURE SON, If you happen to read this It's ok if you don't enter OCS or Sispec. Even if you become Rifleman or Driver. I'll still be proud of you.
Transport Supervisor course Exercise "Underslung" 

After I ORD-ed started a new chapter in life when I worked part-time at Toys R us. Which I didn't know would last till 4 wonderful years. Met and work with lots of wonderful people. Build myself up from a complete noob to someone the managers trust and so called "mentor" to the new younger staffs. Which I'm rather proud off. Enjoyed myself too much that I almost though of making it a career. Until I got an earful from my bosses. Don't get the wrong idea. I wasn't getting scolded for some mistake I did, rather I was being scolded for actually considering working at Toys R us permanently. I had too much of a bright future with my Engineering degree(Pending) and all to waste it on TRU. Thanks Zul and Eddie for that earful, felt like Manchester United players getting the hairdryer treatment from Sir Alex haha.
My Last day working at Toys R Us. Got Shrinkwrapped!!!

In between working at TRU, I started on my engineering degree at Curtin University in Perth. It wasn't easy to be honest. First time being away from home and by away I meant another country completely. If Australia was like Malaysia I wouldn't be too worried. I could just hop on a bus and go home If I ever miss my family but here in Australia how am I gonna do that? So yeah It took awhile for me to adjust to life here in Perth. The first 2 weeks was ok. Mainly because my dad was here with me to help me settle down and stuff. After that 2 weeks, the next 6 months was a lonely one. It's not like I didn't have any friends here, I do. I have Taufiq my long lost childhood friend. Who happens to be studying here in Perth as well and his elder sister whom took care of us. But it's a pity she got laid off and decided to go back to Singapore.
Ryan, Shab and Jamil

I made some friends in uni. It wasn't easy at first. Mainly because growing up in an Asian environment, we were brainwashed that the whites were pretty much superior than us. (TV propaganda). Plus being the quiet type didn't help much. But I managed to pluck up some courage and approached some of my classmates, using the "I need help in this subject" excuse to get to know them. Found out they were actually nice people once you get to know them. Willing to help if you need it. Ryan Pinto, Shab Hark and Jamil Mahmud. Thanks guys, My first 3 friends in Uni.
The Original four - Aizuddin, Hermie, Azhari and Me

After my 1st semester, God decided to throw me a lifeline, in the form of an ex-secondary schoolmate. Named Hermie Malek. We weren't exactly the best of friends in secondary school. Heck we hardly talked. We were not in the same class and to make matters worst, our classes we rivals. So I wonder how from being rival schoolmates, we became close friends? Wallahu a'lam, Allah knows best... But I'm thankful for that. Even if he had send me an enemy from Singapore, I would still be glad because it's a familiar face.

Well like I've mentioned I'm still pursuing my degree. The past 1 year hasn't been easy. Failures and breakdowns have been frequent. But thanks to the support from my family and friends, Alhamdulilah I'm still surviving.

Shan't rant too much or else It gets too boring to read. Will talk more soon. Time check 1.45am and it's pouring outside. Good weather to hide under the covers and enter dreamland. Plus I've got  work tomorrow. Don't wanna be late or else Kak Tini will be mad. (Shall talk bout my part-time job some other time)

= without wax =
Spiderfiq