Sunday, June 06, 2004

Yet another BBQ

Yesterday had yet another BBQ. At Pasir Ris Downtown East chalet. This time its with old neighbours. Its been a long time since I've seen them. The last time would have been in Sec 1 or rather at the end or my Primary 6. Not all could make it though. But still it was a happy reunion. Seeing old faces again. The parents we hugging, laughin havin load of fun. The children however. That is me and the other neighbour kids, we lets say a little shy.

The fathers were the relax kind. Had the usual gathering of fathers at 1 table with their drinks and food talkin bout general stuff like soccer, the economy and other stuffs. The mothers in the other hand were the noisy bunch. Laughing loudly, making jokes obviously they were talkin bout memories. Use to remember the times where, after school all the mothers would gather under the block while waitin for us to come home. The mothers would sit and chit chat at the stone tables. The same stone tables, where we would have "mini-picnics", birthday parties or juz the usual after school chit chat session.

And being there last night among the familiar sounds, I could really imagine myself back to the good old days. Except this time, the kids are all grown up. Yesterday, Suransi, Moransi, the 3 brothers whom I forgot their names, my sisters and me, we basically the only ones left. The rest couldnt make it. So yeah there use to be a whole bunch of us, playin together. Me, Hidir, Khairi, Moransi, the 3 brothers, Abg Bobo, Shidah, Suransi, Mariani, my sisters and few others I reckon except I hav forgotten them. Sorry If I left anyone out its not intentionally. We were an ok bunch, grew up together. Got scolded together. I remember 1 incident where me and Khairi got caught for stealing. Well yeah sometimes we were a little on the havoc side. We werent let off easily anyway that was in primary school.

So yeah last night was a total different in the kids section. Well except I see my childhood now in Syarah. She didnt hav any problem mixing with the smaller younger additions to the club. whom were still babies when I was playin with their older siblings. Syarah met new frens. All the moms were teasin me and Suran. Since we were the Same age all. And we had a rather interesting history together. I'll spare the details. But let me tell you our relationship aint pretty. Lets say it was a constant battle between the titans. So yeah we were teased non-stop. Moran in the other hand, Well he use to be the lets say a cry baby. But yesterday, he's all grown up. In fact he's playin for the Singapore under 14 Soccer team. Way to go Moran. and did I mention change so much In appearence I mean. Until the extent of my sister sayin "He's so cute". Haha.

But later on was force to go for a walk with Suran. Yeah but we didnt walk far juz a few blocks away and sat down(She said she was tired haha) for a chat to catch up with each other. Sat and talked till our moms smsed us, sayin they gonna make a move. So walked back the the bbq pit and bade our farewells. Moms were hugging again. Dads being cool juz salam and said goodbye. I even got help from Uncle Sanip(father of the 3 brothers) for my drivin license.

Reached home quite late almost 1. Then slept woke up early this morning for pattern trainin. My whole team didnt turn up in the end i juz slack without doing anything while the other team sweat it out. After trainin, played RISK 2021 A.D. version with Rikki, Sebastion, Din, Yun Jie and Me. Played till bout 7 and then head home. Had Dinner with Din at Banquet not the Jurong Point 1 but at the Jurong West Market near Din's house. Had fish and chips. Wanted to pack Carrot cake for tonight's match, France vs Ukraine but decided not 2. So now am home, finish showering, watched Harry Potter and now updating me blog. Haiz thats bout it then. ciao.........

Oh yeah will update the pics for the BBQ, so just check the links for updates.

-blog out-

No comments: