Saturday, February 26, 2005

Inter Varsity Polytechnic games

Heya people, juz got back from NTU for the Taekwondo IVP games. Before I start I would like to thank all those who supported me. Exspecially My mom, dad and sisters you guys spur me on. To Sir Din thank you for coaching me and last but not least to the SPTKDC thank you for everything.

OK to the more detailed part. I've got bad, good and fantastic news. The bad news first, I got disqualified in my 2nd match for kicking my opponent in the face. Well tough luck. Anyway I should have won that match. He kicked my face too but he got away with a minus half point( Kiong-Go). I in the other hand wasnt that lucky.

Anyway the good news is I got BRONZE. which is much better than leaving with nothing at all. If I hadnt been disqualified I might have gone on and win either Silver or Gold.

Next the fantatic news. My 1st match I actually won with a superb score of 13-0 with the exception of having 3 kiong go. But still I actually TKO(tactical knock out) my opponent. My very first IVP sparring, my very first bout, my very first victory. What a way to bring up my confidence. Before my match I was literally shaking. My legs felt like jelly, my heart was pounding so hard it felt like jumping out of my mouth, my stomach was so full of butterflies that I couldnt eat my lunch. Which in the end I only ate 3/4 of it.

Next my injuries. Argh..... got a swollen right middle finger. Bruises on both my shins, right hand, both arms, both feet, aiyah in fact almost my whole body injured. Including my right eye where the guy kicked my face.

Anyway no use whining now. Its too bad that I got disqualified. Next time maybe. But none the less happy that I get to bring home a medal.

Aiight my off to eat my burger. Ciao....

-blog out-

No comments: