Wednesday, October 19, 2005

007 Has a license to kill. S8602021A has finally got a license to Drive...

Yes people, you read it right. I've finally got my Driving license. 19 October 2005 at 10.15 am. That was my TP date. Lets start off with what happen in the morning.

Slept early the night before, so I was pretty much awake during sahur. Didnt plan to sleep after sahur. Took my time to shower. Left home at 8am. Reached BBDC around 8.30am. My warm up was scheduled at 9.15am, So I was pretty much very early. Slack around in the pretty much empty BBDC. Listen to my MP3 player till it was almost time for the warm-up.

I was pretty tense during the warm up. I even strike down 1 pole during parking. But I told myself to relax and drive like I always do. After the warm up It was time for the real deal. Was waiting outside the briefing room when I met my Cuz, Kak Wati. Apparently she's here for her Final theory. (This is her 3rd attempt i think, cant remember what she said). Told her Im here for my TP and she was overly excited haha. Promise her that I will message her once Im done.

Then before I knew it, It was time. Was called into the briefing room for the balloting of the tester and test route. My name was the first to be called out Haha and I got test route 6. Teck Whye area. The good thing about this test route is there is no U-turn. There was another malay kakak(sister) in the room and she also got route number 6. Talk to her for awhile. Found out that this is her 3 attempt. Told her 3rd times a charm and hopefully she could pass this time round. Bid each other good luck and we are on our way. Of all the luck in the world, It started to rain heavily. Looking on the bright side, There won't be any testing of the emergency brake. Read a fast prayer and off I start the test.

I did pretty well this time except that the road was a little slippery so I kinda strike a kerb while trying to enter the S-course. Well 4 points already. Reassured myself and carried on driving. Manage to clear the circuit courses with ease. Next was the outside road. As mention above I was given Teck Whye area. Not much problem except that there was one time I gotten into the wrong lane. Almost missed the exit but manage to lane change in time, but 4 points added for lane changing abruptly. So far 8 points confirm. Was getting nervous. Calm myself down and told myself whatever happens, I did my best.

Return back to BBDC and again was lead into the briefing room for the debrief and results. Apparently the tester hadnt mark my test paper yet. It was pretty much untouch. So he mark it right there and then. The 8 marks confirm was there plus a few other minor mistakes like wide turning and such. Making a total of 16 points. Not the best but who cares I pass!!!! Watched a little video on road safety then paid for my license and finally I've become a Qualified Driver.

A lot of my friends and family members sms and called to find out how I had fared. Told them the good news and soon the news spread like wild fire. More messages of congratuations came. Haha to all those who sent me those messages THANK YOU... So now I can finally join ranks with those drivers on the road.

Watched out Singapore, A new driver has finally emerged...

Just got back from Jurong point. Had a mini celebration at Pizza hut. My family and me. Syarah was so exicted I dunno why. Like as if she was the one who got the license. haha. Am pretty full and content right now oh and not to mention extremely happy. Cant stop beaming since 10.15am this morning. Haha.

Anyways thats all for today. Thanks for reading. Dear readers and in case you're wondering. Yes I would gladly give you a ride If you ask me nicely. hehe. Gd nite...

-blog out-

No comments: