Saturday, May 08, 2004

Dr Gabriel Van Helsing

Today was my last paper and that marks the end of my 1st year in poly. So wanted to celebrate. Thinking of an overnight at East Coast with Mif and Fiz but due to some certain curcumstances I had to pull out.

So yeah after the paper headed home after my prayers. Took a shower and change before going out. Whine, plead and beg my parents to allow me to overnight but all i got was "No it is not time yet" damn. So now u know why i had to pull out. So ok had to settled for the movie. Van Helsing. Even that was kinda a big fuss. Dad wanted me to be home by dinner. Well had a heart to heart talk or rather we smsed with each other. Tried to find ways to reason him out. But alas to no avail but I manage to get him to agree to let me stay after dinner. Feel like an 8 year old. Haiz. Some people are just not born lucky I guess to get the kind of freedom others get. Dad told me not to compare between me and Mif and Fiz. Mainly they were older. Had to agree with that. Wanted to bring up the subject of those ard my age like Din, my sec school buddies even a significant other which by the way is a girl, gets much more freedom. I thought being a boy has its advantages but I guess Im treated not much better than a girl. Haiz what to do, if you hav overprotective parents.

Well ok head to Cineleisure after meeting up with Mif and Fiz. Yeah its a trio. It seems our strength have been decreasing in numbers. Din had to work, Usop work, Bob pulled out because of some "family" thing and Ramesh is away serving the nation. Anyway soon Mif too has to go for his attachment next Monday, which leaves me and Fiz. Training just the two of us.
After we got our tickets, head for an early dinner at the PUB building nearby. Time check and we still had lots of time before 7pm. So we head to Heereen for some sight-seeing. I wouldnt want to call it window shopping because basically we aint. So sight-seeing is a much better term. Soon it was almost 7 so we rush back down to Cineleisure. Got in and settle down.

Van Helsing


A hellofagood show. Wonderful cast, great storyline and a spectacular ending. Not exactly spectacular because I didnt really agree with certain parts of the ending. But somehow the show kinda reminded be of certain movies. For example the begining of the movie, they potrayed Van's image somewhat like a secret agent, ala James Bond? With the Pope acting like Q and Carl like M in James Bond films. With the secret doorway behind the confession booth and all those gadgets, you swear that you're watching James Bond battling Vampires instead of world domination. There is also a line said by Van which somehow rather seems all too familiar, "I only ask 2 questions. What are we dealing with? and HOw to kill them?". Sounds familiar? Only if you had watch Hellboy. Remember now? haha. Another example is the eggs of the Vampires hangging by the dozens around the room. Googy, icky, sticky round shape eggs. Plus the rushing though of electricity to jolt them alive. Looks like a scene from "The Matrix" or you rather prefer "Aliens".
Although I enjoyed myself tremendously, I cant help noticing those replicas. Maybe movie directors nowadays lack originality. I hope they make better movies next time.

So after the show, Mif, Fiz and I headed to Raffles MRT to pick up a lady fren of Fiz, Eli. It seems the guys wont be alone then tonight. Actually I could have gone home but wanted to take a peek at this lady, whom has captivated my bro Hafiz's heart. She looks sweet. Not bad really. 21 yrs of age. Kindergarten teacher. No wonder Fiz is all over her. Wish you all the best Fiz hope you will manage to keep this 1. After they left, Its my turn to head home.

Tired, happy but somehow not really satisfied. Aye anyway enjoy myself today. I think i wanna sleep liao lets just stop here. ciao people

-blog out-

No comments: