Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Return of the Azzuris

SHOCKER!!!

This year is definately not my World Cup year. All my predictions were completely wrong. First Brasil, then England now Germany. hahaha. But the Azzuris played well yesterday. It is true that I have a soft spot for the Italians. It is funny but the 1st time I started liking them was during the 1994 world cup final, where they were beaten by Brazil in a Penalty shootout. Yes it was also the year that Roberto Baggio missed that dreaded penalty.

But their recent performances haven't been very satisfying and I kinda lost that feeling for them. Especially their "dramas". Always falling, always diving, trying to win a penalty or get someone booked. That's not Joga Bonita.

BUT BUT last night's performance and the Quarter final match versus Ukraine was fantastic. They played well but maybe for a few stumbles, nobody's perfect. Yesterday they reminded be of why I had liked them in the first place. Sheer style, Mafia style haha.

Then again the Germans. I salute you guys. You may be young and inexperience, but you guys showed that with sheer determination, you can go far. I'm sad to see klinsi and his men go home losers but thats football. There can be only ONE. They played well. But they will be back in 4 years time. Then they are no longer young and inexperience.

So most of the favorites are out, Brasil, Germany, Argentina, England and Spain. SO now its up to Portugal and France tonight to determined who will face Italy in Berlin for the final. It gonna be the "battle of the oldies" haha. FIGO vs ZIZOU. 2 of the most influencial, most skillfull, most brilliant midfield mestros in the world. Go head to Head tonight. Its gonna be an explosive match tonight cant wait. YUMMY!!!!




Something tells me its gonna be an Italian-French affair. But then again my predictions aren't exactly winners. But it would be nice to see C.Ronaldo and gang in the finals. My "mini-brasil", Portugal.

OK Spider sense is tingling.... Mum's calling me. Better go see what she wants...ciao

-blog out-

No comments: